Credit & Financial:
- All invoices are to be paid within the 14 days from the invoice date, or as otherwise stated on the Quotation or Invoice provided to you (the Customer).
- Payment via credit card will incur a 1.95% surcharge. American Express is not accepted. Our preferred payment method is by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- Any claims arising from an invoice must be made within 7 working days.
- All overdue invoices may bear an interest charge of 6.5% per annum (or maximum allowed by law) on the unpaid balance.
- A $40 returned payment fee for is payable on any declined cheques or automatic withdrawals.
- An account application must be submitted and approved by AV Integration prior to credit being offered. By submitting an account application, you authorise AV Integration Pty Ltd to make inquiries into the business/trade references that you have supplied. AV Integration also has your authorisation to obtain from a credit reporting agency, personal information relating to your capacity to meet the terms of this credit agreement, should it be considered relevant to approving commercial credit to you.
- Any credit extended to the Customer may be reduced or refused in the event that AV Integration Pty Ltd, at its reasonable discretion, determines that the applicant’s financial situation or ability to pay is impaired.
- All Products remain the property of AV Integration until Payment in full has been received, and we (AV Integration) reserve the right to include these products on the federal PPSR (Register) accordingly.
- Risk & Responsibility of Products (including any Insurance) passes to the Customer upon the goods being delivered to the Customers installation site address by, AV Integration. Not after the installation is completed or invoiced.
- Where the client has no credit history with AV Integration, a deposit will be required prior to commencement of work. Part / Progress payments will be required & invoiced as work is completed, on extended Projects requiring multiple visits – e.g. Construction and building programs over multiple months.
- All Quotes are valid for maximum 30 days and are reviewable at the date of the Customers order. All quotes are not a contractual offer, and accordingly, AV Integration may vary or withdraw a Quotation at its discretion. Pricing and Availability are subject to change without notice, according to changes beyond our control.
- Should any Quotation be accepted by the Customer and subsequently cancelled – a penalty may apply commensurate with the expenses already incurred by AV Integration.
- Variations to the scope of any Sales Order or Quotation, as outlined in the labour description and comments, shall be charged as a Variation Invoice at AV Integrations standard rates.
- Final invoices will be issued upon practical completion of your project, where your System as a whole is proven by AV Integration to be operational and fit for purpose. Further commissioning or training or any defect rectification may occur after this date.
- Installation Labour costing assumes easy trade access to the worksite during installation times for the duration of the project, with minimal interruption. If project programming delays incur significant or ongoing cost impact to AV Integration, variation charges will be leveed relative to this impact. On-site trade vehicle parking will be necessary and is assumed unless otherwise agreed and stated in writing.
- Labour rates are based on installation occurring during AV Integration installation hours of Mon-Fri 0700 – 1700 unless otherwise stated. AV Integration normal business hours are between Mon-Fri, 9.00am to 5.00pm.
- All care is taken at the time of quoting, to assess & scope the suitability of your facilities for our installation. However, AV Integration cannot be held responsible for the structural integrity of your building – please be aware that any structural works required will incur a variation charge (E.g. Minimising projected image vibration or misalignment). This applies even if the required variation becomes evident only after installation, due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Likewise, occasionally obstructions to cable paths or other hardware installation will only become evident after the commencement of work, at which point we will discuss the best course of action with you. In this case, labour will be charged as an additional labour variation to the original labour Cost Estimate.
- All quotations include an Engineering & Design element – which contains intellectual property. The detail of this quote is shared with you to provide sufficient understanding of the solution. This quotation is private and is intended for the recipient only, as it contains confidential information not to be shared with other parties.
- Each Project quotation should be viewed in its entirety. We cannot guarantee the outcome of your solution if individual components are not supplied by AV Integration, or if only part of the total solution is selected.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted.
- Acceptance of our Quote via the required written acknowledgement (by an authorised signatory or via an official Purchase Order), signifies that you accept our Terms & Conditions of Sale in full, and confirm the Scope of Works in its entirety, as outlined the Quotation.
Exclusions & Inclusions:
- AV Integration typically assumes (due to strict technical distance limits to USB & HDMI cabling) that your Wall Input Plates shall be within 7.5m cable length to the Projector, unless stated otherwise in the Scope of Works. Should a location further than 7.5m be required, AV Integration shall quote separately for suitable cabling extensions.
- Due to this technical distance limitation, all cable runs are estimated to be direct in nature and not bound by structured cabling routes; this is as a result of placing priority over minimizing AV signal cable length to enable desired functionality and minimize interference.
- Unless clearly stated otherwise, AV Integration has made no allowance for any electrical, network data, MATV points, in wall/floor conduits, coring or cable trays in this quotation. AV Integration understanding that these services, where and if required, will be supplied by other trades.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Scope of works – No allowance has been made for painting or refinishing of surfaces.
- AV Integration has made no allowance for cutting of cable entry holes in desks or tables. It is AV Integration understanding that these shall be done by, and in coordination with, a Joinery trade.
- It is AV Integrations understanding that all equipment noted as ‘existing’ or ‘Client Supplied’ is working & functional. Any costs relating to remediating, repairing or replacing existing equipment if found to be non-functional shall be forwarded as variations to the Scope of Works.
Induction and Compliance Allowance:
- This quote (and any acceptance of it) is subject to any client or site induction and compliance requirements not exceeding 1x hour off-site duration, and any staff on-site induction and compliance procedures not exceeding 15 minutes at start of job on Day 1. Any variations will be charged at our standard labour rates. Any late notification received less than 14 days prior to start of job will be charged at 150%, and received less than 7 days prior to start of job at 200%.
Certification & Warranty:
- Warranty for equipment supplied and spare parts shall be covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty policy and is considered ‘Back to Base’. No on-site warranty service is provided for installed items requiring specialist access labour or equipment – unless clearly specified otherwise, subject to Australian Consumer Law. AV Integration Service Level Agreements and Maintenance Agreements shall cover on-site support.
- All installation Labour is covered by AV Integration’s comprehensive 12month Warranty incorporating; new cabling, terminations, wall plates & custom fabricated items.
- AV Integration proposal is based on the grounds there is structural integrity in the infrastructure/building to support the integration of the Audiovisual equipment specified. Where additional structural support and/or reinforcing are required, this will be the responsibility of others, unless clearly stated in the Scope of Works.
- Network cabling shall be terminated and tested and operating prior to completion of the installation. If written certification of each cable run and termination is required, then a certification charge shall apply per cable run.
Service and Support:
- We provide a business service during normal business hours (ref item 16). We cannot guarantee a response outside these hours – however, if circumstances allow, phone support may be provided. If a technician is able to attend, then an after-hours Callout rate of $390+GST will apply. This includes the first hour of labour, within the inner metro area.
- AV Integration recommends that all AV components are powered on a common earth, and wherever possible, the same RCD protected electrical circuit. Failure to provide outlets meeting this specification can result in earthing issues which can disrupt electrical components causing undesirable issues such as hums, banding, dropouts or interference. The costs to rectify such problems may be passed on to the Client at AV Integrations discretion.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure a laptop/PC is provided, with all applicable drivers and software installed, on the day of the installation for testing and commissioning. Failure to do so may result in additional callout fees to complete commissioning work.
Tenders and Design & Construct Projects:
- If AV Integration is engaged as a design consultant as a paid service – then we take full responsibility for our work and will warrant our design as a full working AV system. As significant costs are incurred in designing a compete and operational AV system, whether it is designed to fit a budget or meet worlds best practice – AV Integration reserve the right to charge for this consultation, including scope changes as required by the client.
- If an external consultant has been contracted to provide a scope of works &/or a bill of materials, then it is up to the Consultant, Head Contractor and end Client to review our quotation and technical documents as provided, to ensure our offered solution is fit for their purpose and represents a complete operating system. This ensures that information that AV Integration may not have at hand, or not been adequately provided with, at the time of our tender response, but is critical to meet the Clients expectations – can be taken into account, giving AV Integration opportunity to offer the most appropriate solution.
- If no consultant is engaged, and AV Integration is asked to provide a design as part of a Tender submission, then AV Integration cannot be held responsible for a complete functioning solution until sufficient consultation with the Client to ensure the solution is fit for purpose.